Facebook (and/or Instagram) Tactics, Tools and Strategy
Knowing what the current ads climate looks like is key to creating better ads. I use Bigbigads – A free chrome extension which allows you to view nothing but ads in your news feed.
Moat.com – Shows every creative currently run by a particular brand.
And here are some tactics to try out
- Add captions to your videos – Captioned video ads have a 12% higher average view time.
- If you have a message widget on your landing page, try a messenger ad to get the conversation started – I love using Drift.com and “Drift Links” (a hashtag + custom name that triggers a conversion or ‘playbook’ on you page when clicked) to keep conversations going from ads to page. You can use Messenger bot ads (a newer ad option from Facebook) to start a conversation inside Messenger, and when the CTA button is clicked, the conversation widget on your landing page loads a custom greeting that refers to the offer they clicked. This is very engaging and gives your traffic more of a reason to stick around.
- If you have a custom messenger bot, use your bot’s JSON code in place of Messengers’ default code to keep the conversation going in Messenger – When you are creating your ad, you will see an option in the Links section to change default settings from “Website URL” to “Messenger”. Then click “Setup Messenger Content” button. In “JSON creation” tab, replace the replace the present code with your bot’s JSON code.
- Jab, jab, right hook – In other words, give, give, then ask. This is Gary V’s strategy for social marketing, and it works. The way I use it is to first offer some content, then offer some more free stuff, then finally ask them to buy/register. So I will go into new audiences with a few pieces of content to start, then pause those ads, run alternative traffic-driving giveaways, and finally insert my buy ads. This tactic ensures a much better buyer/installer/registrant because you first built trust/value before offering your product/solution.
- Use 3D video effects – This is very simple to do in after effects (or by asking someone on Fiverr.com). All you have to do is have a video frame with a white bar above and a white bar below. Then, your product comes from between the white bars to above them, which gives the appearance it’s popping out of the screen. This is very eye-catching and will get clicks.
- My Facebook Ads Principals, Tactics and Tools – In here, there are 7 tactics and hacks, 10 best practices to follow, and 6 tools to start using in marketing stack…
- Here is a Guide to Reducing CPA of Facebook Ads – Straight out of our Growth Group. I found this to be very insightful…
Thank you for your time and consideration
“Alex grasps your market and your value proposition all while keeping a pulse on the daily changes of options for your software stack. The best part about Alex is the experience, he’s tried different approaches and software and will save you the time of going down the hard road. Bottom-line: the best Chicago Growth-Hackers I’ve met yet.”Darren McAbery,
Head of Marketing at Inspire Marketing Services
“Alex knows the tactics that it takes to execute to get growth. He’s got a good sense for the latest trends in growth and user acquisition as well as paid acquisition across different channels. He understands the marketing landscape and all the changes that companies need to make to grow their audiences.” Andy O’Dower, Head of Product for Curiosity.com
“Alex is very knowledgeable about marketplace growth strategies. He has a solid understanding analytics attribution and event tracking for saas. Just recently I consulted Alex on some event-based messaging for apps to further our strategy. I would definitely recommend Alex to anyone that is looking to improved their business, whether saas or app, to help solidify their growth strategy.”Marek Dzik,
Mobile Product Manager for Brad's Deals
“Alex came into a brand new industry, learned the nuances, and then customized a strategy based on the needs of our customers. In addition to his marketing skills, Alex is also a tremendous recruiter and manager of both internal and virtual teams.” Patrick O'Rahilly, CEO of FactoryFix.com
“Alex has been a mentor to me the past 6 months, and has taught me more this year than I could have hoped to learn in the next 5. I am now confident and eager to start putting his training to work in this field.” Zackary Conover, Marketing Professional
“When it comes to growth marketing, Alex is the master. I had the pleasure of hosting a networking event where I moderated a panel on what it takes to run a mobile app company. Alex was one of our panelist and his ability to relate, explain and motivate the audience really impressed me. The audience could tell he is an absolute expert in his field but was also able to explain his thoughts in a way that was relatable to everyone. Both myself and the audience, were so appreciative of him spreading his knowledge with us that evening.”J.P. Lamp, PHR, Corporate Recruiter and Entrepreneur
“I have worked under Alex for the past 6 months, and every day he brings so much excitement and passion to our project. He is constantly showing us how to optimize our processes to get the most out of each day. He knows what technology to use and what processes will or won’t work. I am very thankful to have worked with Alex and hope to keep learning from him in the future.”Alice Salt, Settlement Analyst at Invenergy LLC